Thursday, June 16, 2005

a long drive in the night...

Sunday June 5, 2005. 11:15pm. I fired the engine of my car in the night of a breezy Bangalore weather. A night before, I had been to Insomnia and hadn't caught enough sleep and had been out shopping all day long. Yet I was not feeling tired. I pushed the gears as soon as the engine roared, and I started from the Central Street, heading towards Hebbal flyover. Sunday night, when most of the people head for home calling it a day early, thinking about the Monday blues, I was lost in the pleasures of breeze running through my hairs, face and filling my lungs, while I was listening to RABBI. The music, the breeze, the night, the drive, I could feel the vibrations of each note played inside my mind... it was all hypnotic! I didn't realize when I circled the Hebbal flyover towards Hosur and reached Electronic City. But that was still not enough and I just couldn't stop myself. I turned the car and headed back through the same route, this time, towards Devnahalli. Driving out in the night always makes me feel so happy inside, and so comfortable about being myself as well... like doing things like drinking coffee, watching a movie, going to 13th Floor, going for shopping etc. without bothering too much about tomorrow. Life always finds ways to lead us on... I would have kept driving and ended up in Hyderabad, in fact I wanted to, I didn't want this to end.., but I heard a voice in my ears that pulled my senses back to reality and I turned my car back towards central street and then to home. After 4 hours and around 150 Kms of driving that night I still didn't want it to end. So I decided that this weekend I'll be driving all the way to Hyderabad and back. I'm gonna be starting somewhere between 8pm -10pm tonight and will be reaching there at around 6am - 7am Saturday morning. Am I scared...? No. Thrilled? Yes! :) I wish life could always be like...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmn......
Looks like u r gona have a blast this weekend. Hope u havea nice drive :) Enjoy weekend and let me kno how it was :)

Anonymous said...

Late night drives are interesting... I know it must've been great for you too...

dont we all wish for a life thats just.... BLISS

:) Good luck

Ouzymandiaz said...

@ag: I dunno why do I like driving so much, especially in the night. Maybe it gets me as close as I could get to that feeling of bliss... ty!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Well Bliss - something we all wanna have... Its great u have found it ... I hope it continues with u for a long long time........... Be happy always

Guess Who???

Ouzymandiaz said...

@anonymous: I haven't found it. But I hope to, someday... It's the possibility of finding it someday keeps me going... :) Thx for droppin by. To guess who you are, I'm clueless and am really bad at the guessing game :-D