Friday, September 16, 2022

the diary labeled 1998-2000...

In the midst of spring cleaning, I came across a diary labeled 1998 - 2000. It was my first poems diary. I had written dozens of poems, some of them are kiddish, and others are way too kiddish, but what amazes me is that I did manage to write a lot from 1998 - 2000, more than what I had written from 2001 - 2005.

Here are few of of them...


dear life... 

You gave me love
you made me happy
and you danced with me
in my celebrations

You brought me sadness 
you cried with me 
and you gave me warmth 
when I felt cold and lonely 

You taught me what's right
you gave me understanding 
and you never left me 
in my ups and downs 

I trust only you dear life 
for i know you'll stand with me 
till my end...


walking all alone...

It has been long
walking all alone.. 

In the moments when I'm sad
I find my loneliness cheering me up

In the moments when I'm happy
I find my shadow dancing with me

In the moments when I'm depressed
I find my thoughts lighting up my dreams

In the moments when I need to talk
I find my second self listening to me 

In the moments when I get carried away
I find my tears keeping me warm

The ups and downs of life
do not seem to matter
do not seem to affect

The longer I'm sad
the more I praise the companionship
of my loneliness

I catch the ways my shadow dances
for all those moments
when I'm happy 

The more I feel depressed
The more I open my mind to thoughts
and I enjoy the company

For none but my second self
will stand with me
till my end

But I try to run away from tears
for they make me weak

the end is far
the journey has been long
and the roads never seem to end

For long I've been walking
all alone
and it seems for long 
I'll be walking all alone...


the wonder called "you"... 

let me swim 
in the ocean 
of ur eyes 

let me touch 
the tenderness 
of your face 

let me feel
the silk
of your arms 

let me smell 
the fragrance 
of your body 

let me taste 
the honey 
of your lips 

let me see 
the wonder 
called "you"... 


the spring... 

when the fragrance of flowers 
is everywhere 
and the fallen leaves 
cover the ground 

when the sun is mild 
and the fog has gone 
and the little birds 
are singing all around 

when the orion 
is slowly fading 
and the winter chills 
are not to be found 

and when every creature 
is in happiness 
the weather speaks 
the spring is here... 


nature speaks...

darkness has started 
spreading its arms 

sunlight is feebly 
touching me 

here i am again 
enjoying the cold breeze 
after a tiering day 
waiting for someone 
i don't know who 

few birds are passing by
and they seem to be asking me 
"why do you feel lonely?" 

I answer a smile
as I wave them goodbye
and in the arms of darkness
I see clouds glowing red 
as if blushing
after reading my mind... 


when i saw you... 

When I saw you 
I saw flowers 
that bloomed with your smile 
and colored my world 
and spread its fragrance 
that made me breathless 
in the breeze 
when you walked past me 
and clouded my mind 
with darkness of your hair
as if it rose over a sea 
as blue as your eyes 
under the moon 
which had the glow 
of your face 
and the lyrics 
of your body 
casted a spell on me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fiannly u posted the poems ...Good ....

I liked the " the wonder called u " very much :)

Anonymous said...

Its amazing to come across ur old self. Nice poems. DReamy eyed...
at times I feel that i was a good writer when younger...nice to see ur younger face too.:)

Triya said...

I know that looking back at those kiddish verses is kinda embarassing. Atleast for me. But in a way, I'm proud of them, coz they show how far I've come.

And I see the slowing down of the pace as better quality and less quality..:D

As for the poems specifically, they might need a few tweaks but I absolutely loved 'walking all alone'... And they're not kiddish by any means...