Thursday, August 11, 2005

mAtHeMaTiCs...

Amalgam of innocence, day-dreaming, happiness... I had an amazing childhood, except for the fact that I was pathetic when it came to academics. But things changed in graduation. One fine day, the subject that I used to get petrified just thinking about, dawned to me and I instantly fell in love with it. "mAtHeMaTiCs".

Thanks to a friend, recently, I stumbled upon a long lost desire inside me to pursue higher education. So I started my preparation for CAT. "If I can crack the University entrance exam, I can crack the CAT ", I thought.

I was practicing the first chapter, Number System, of a book I bought to prepare for CAT, and the words that I heard in my mind when I read the questions were, "Kuckoo kuckoo! Yoooooooo Hoooooooo! Tring tring! Ding dong!" I couldn't believe myself that I have become so rusty with the subject! *%#@~%^#*@%~*#%@ I was swearing at myself. I looked at the questions and I went WHOA! Haven't seen these kind of questions ever in my life. Though there were tips and tricks to solve them, but purely judging by the looks, they scared me...

I couldn't take it at that moment. I was scared... just like the way I used to be, back in school! Got up, made myself some black tea, lit up a cigarette, and stood by the window. Somehow I managed to get back to the book and I started working out all the questions.

At about 1:30am, I decided to call it a day and I closed my books, switched on the TV and moved to my bed. "When Harry met Sally" was showing on Star Movies. It's a cute movie. I have seen it couple of times before, and I like it so much. All the while I was watching the movie, I was thinking, "I solved this question in this way, and I solved that question in that way, and the tips and tricks..." Hell! I wasn't even asleep and I was dreaming already!

I like it… I hate it… Whatever... I know I just can't shrug it off. So I might as well enjoy it... :)

No comments: