Tuesday, August 02, 2005

conversations...(Part 2)

"Hellooooo!" 

"Hi!"

"When do you plan to leave from office?"

"I don't know. I think I'll be late tonight."

"Hmmm... Maybe we can catch up for a late dinner?"

"Mom has already cooked dinner at home. You know how she reacts. If you'd have called up before, I'd have asked her not to cook."

"I know. But I couldn't have helped it. I was busy in the office, and I just reached home."

"Thats okay. There's something I wanted to talk to you about."

"Sure thing. Tell me..."

"About an hour back I got a call from my dad."

"How is he? Is he still in Cal?"

"...I don't think its the best time to talk about this. Maybe tomorrow. I need to see you."

"Well.., you could tell me what is it all about. Curiosity kills the cat you know..."

"Its not funny..."

"What happened?" 

"I'll talk to you later..."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine... I guess..."

"Tell me. You are definitely not okay, and neither you sound like you're okay."

"I don't know. I don't know how you'd take this"

"Why do you say so? What happened?"

"Dad said..."

"Hmm.... Well its a problem that we shall have remedy for."

"I don't know. I am very upset, and since I spoke to my dad, I haven't been back on my desk. I guess I should be going back to my desk now."

"I'll call you in the night. Take care..."

The sound of wind chimes filled the room...

No comments: