Tuesday, August 16, 2005

day dreaming...

With clouded thoughts in my mind, there I was, standing on my terrace, at sunset one evening. Weather had been cloudy for some time. Suddenly, just over the edge of the horizon where sun was setting, the sky opened its arms to me and cleared the clouds away. I could see the sun, fading into darkness... And at the same time I could see the stars lighting up, twinkling in the sky..., fireflies in my eyes... like flickering dreams in my mind...

A dream so beautiful, that I hadn't dreamt... But I know, I'm on a hilltop, in some countryside. And I am watching this moment pass by. And I so badly want to share it with her. I could feel her presence around me. With my eyes frantically searching for her, her name escapes from my heart, and I call her name at the top of my lungs... I knew not if I'd ever be lucky enough to have this moment again in my life. Just when I was about to give up, I felt the silk of her arms underneath mine, holding me by my shoulders from behind. I couldn't see her face. Then she moved to my side as I held her hands...

I closed my eyes and I could feel as if I'm floating. The fragrance in the breeze was familiar I thought, as it filled my lungs and I let out a sigh! I could feel her presence, her voice, her touch on my skin and in my mind. I saw her around me, and yet she wasn't there...

"I didn't know where the heaven ended and earth began..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well written

Kavyaa said...

Should we take it that u r in love!
Good for u!
"..A dream so beautiful that i hadn't dreamt...."
..loved it!

Ouzymandiaz said...

@deepa: thank you! :)
@kavi: :)